Sunday, April 08, 2007

I have not been attending Mandarin lessons since the beginning of this year because my parents felt that I should not attend any enrichment classes until I have settled down in school and now that I have settled down in school well, they feel it is time I resume Mandarin and piano. So Emak signed me up for a trial lesson at another Chinese Enrichment Centre because so many people have been talking about how good this school is.

The school looked very nice and the classrooms are neither too big nor too small BUT Emak was very unhappy with the lessons and the teachers. There were 2 teachers attached to the class. One kept conversing in English while the other one looked so lost. All she did was just stare at the students. The other teacher, the English-speaking one, was busy attending to a girl who was crying.

From 1130- 1145, we were told to play on our own then from 1145-1200, we were given a piece of paper each to do some colouring while one teacher just stared and the other one was busy singing to some Chinese song. No efforts were made to engage the 6 students in the class and the worst part was, the teachers didn't even pay any attention to me although it was my first lesson with them. They didn't even bother to say hi to me and for the entire time I was there, they acted as if I was invisible!!!! Emak was so pissed that we left after 30 minutes and the teachers didn't even bother to ask her anything!!! She was really very angry and couldn't stop complaining to Ayah and we all agreed that my Tien Hsia teachers are still the best.

After we left the school, we went to meet up with Tok Noh and Nenek Jas. These 2 wonderful people are my granduncle and grandaunt from Australia and were here on a 3-day visit. It was the first time I met them but I felt so comfortable with them that I made Tok Noh hold my hand while we were walking from Central back to Merchant Court Hotel. It was really a pleasure meeting them and I hope to visit them one day.
seletar 017

After leaving Merchant Court Hotel, we headed towards Selatar. Emak suggested we check out Seletar Airport because she was told that there are some interesting planes there and we discovered a few things while we were there.
seletar 018
This lamp post must be super old!

Some of the planes we saw.
seletar 019
seletar 023
seletar 028

There were many of these black and white houses there.
seletar 033

To get there, you need to get on Piccadilly Circus and make a turn to Westcamp Road. Emak has been to the real Picadilly Circus in London and she said this place looks nothing like the real one.
seletar 039

While we were there, we noticed many going towards a certain direction and we got curious as to where they were headed so we trailed the cars! And we discovered that there is a road from Seletar that leads to Yishun! And it leads straight to Orchid Country Club. Since we were there, my parents decided to drive in and let me run loose at the indoor playground. This place is open to public, everyday till 9:30pm. It costs around $8 an hour, I think. I can't remember the exact amount.

seletar 055
seletar 060
seletar 066
seletar 074

I used to be so afraid to even step into the tunnel but not anymore! My parents were very surprised at how confident I was because the other time they made me climb in, I cried and refused to do it but today,I tried every single thing without even being told to!
seletar 075

Some videos, especially for Uncle Man.



















5 comments:

supernunu said...

that's quite a feat tata. Macam spider-girl pun ada. hehe

Tata said...

nunu, i be spider girl and u be wonder woman k? hehehe

Anonymous said...

eeee, ww dowan. I'm already a super babe... no need to be another superheroine :D

Tata said...

nunu the super babe and beach babe! n now bathtub babe too! hehehe

Tata said...

nunu the super babe and beach babe! n now bathtub babe too! hehehe