Sunday, May 14, 2006

I woke up rather early today and so Emak and Ayah decided to take me out before Seimpi. First stop was Uncle Cal's stall at number 228, Shunfu Mart. Uncle Cal got the stall early this year and that was the first time I visited it. The food's great and Uncle Cal was very very busy today. Uncle Cal is Emak's good friend and he loves to insult Emak. Each time they are on the phone, they do nothing but insult one another. Uncle Cal is a hawker with a difference. He's one hawker with a master's degree. Uncle Daniel wasn't there today as he is away celebrating Vesak Day. Happy Vesak Day, Uncle Daniel!


After our brunch at Sini La, we went to the Singapore Art Musuem but before we took a look at the exhibits, we stopped by Dome for a drink as Emak desperately needed a cup of coffee. Look at me reading the menu. Hehe!


I like that "I was here" sign.
After the Art Museum, we went to Clarke Quay and I saw this nice mini fountain behind the Ministry of Sound. Look nearer and read what was written on my T-shirt.
At Selangor Pewter, Ayah wanted to sign up for a course at the School of Hard Knocks, which allows people to knock a piece of pewter into a small bowl, for a fee. However, we did not have enough time and so Ayah will have to take the course next week instead.
We headed for Seimpi after that and immediately after Seimpi today, I attended my first formal Mandarin class. The teachers are very very nice and today's word was "lan se", which means "blue". Laoshi gave us lots of "lan se" things to play with today.
One of the things was a lan se balloon which I had to fight for!
My first school bag!

No comments: