Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Desaru

Dear Nunu,

I didn't go somewhere very far away. Just across the causeway, the country where you live in! I liked Desaru but I hated the sea and the sand and the swimming pool! As usual, I was very well-behaved, like I have always been each time we're on a holiday. But I refused to comply when my parents wanted me to get into the swimming pool. I simply refused. Not only that, I didn't even allow Ayah to swim! Other than that, everything else was great.

We went to Desaru by ferry because my parents couldn't be bothered to drive and they thought it was good for me to try different modes of transportation.It's faster by ferry, anyway. You board the ferry at Changi Ferry Terminal and it takes only 25 mins to reach Tg Belungkor (SGD22 per adult, SGD17 per child). From Tg Belungkor, we travelled for 30 minutes to the hotel. My parents had to arrange for the hotel people to pick us up from the ferry terminal as believe it or not, Desaru has only two registered taxis and you have to book them in advance!


The smelly ferry terminal. Ayah said it was the smell of the sea but I really hated the smell.
Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Aiyoh! So hot!!!
Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

It was not a very big ferry but I think it can accommodate about 100 people. The lower deck was air-conditioned and a lot more comfortable than the upper deck.

On the way to the hotel, we saw lots and lots of these plantations, something which I have never seen in Singapore.

P2170953
We stayed at the Pulai Desaru Resort and the moment we reached the hotel, I ran to the Kids' Room to check it out.

The room was big and there were 2 beds, a king sized bed and a single bed. There was a balcony and ours faced the playground. For an extra RM44 a night, you may get a room with a sea view but none was available when we were there. Emak kept complaining about the dirty carpet and the musty smell which the room seemed to emanate.

We spent the second day going on excursions which were organised by the hotel. We actually signed up for the Kampong Eco-tour, Fruit Farm tour and Fireflies tour but Emak got Ayah to cancel the Fireflies tour because she said her maternal instincts prompted her to cancel it.HUH???



This was taken at a MaryBrown outlet in "town", where we were given 30 minutes to shop. There really was nothing to shop for and the weather was so hot we just had to seek refuge at an air-con place. "Buai laju laju.. aku nak kawin dengan anak raja..."
The fruit farm tour was really great. I got to try all sorts of fruits.
And I got to pluck leaves off trees!
Red banana. Have never tried one before.
We were told to pluck some of the leaves and smell them. The guide told us that some of these leaves have many kinds of benefit.


P2170910
P2170906
There were cute little goats there. Initially, I was a bit apprehensive to go near the goats but after a while, I gained courage and started chasing the goats around. Emak wanted to take a video of it but the battery of the camera went flat!
P2170903

P2170900
This pond had 1000 kois! Really hungry kois they were!
P2170869
This box contained bees but most of them were in the box and only a few were flying outside of it.

We also visited a kampung and I got the chance to experience what kampung life is like.

They grow chilli in their backyard!

We had lunch there and...
I tried playing the kompang.

We spent the rest of the day and the whole morning of the next day lazing by the beach. I refused to step on the sand as I didn't like the feel of the sand so I contentedly sat on the deck chairs with my parents, just enjoying the breeze.

P2170936
P2180996

The following pictures are specially for Auntie Is.
P2181025
P2181022
P2181021
P2181018
P2181016
P2181015
P2181000
P2181005
P2180981
P2180974

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
P2170918

19 comments:

i don't even use blogger anymore said...

finally some pictures.. I thought you stayed cooped up in your room the whole time you were on vacation. I like the white sandy beaches at Desaru.. better than what I experienced yesterday when I went for a walk at the beach. Guess what the sand on the beach here was black and had sparkling things in it!!

i don't even use blogger anymore said...

no anak raja meet anak kambing pun jadi huh kehkehkeh :)

Tata said...

alya, each time emak tried to upload the pictures, there would be something wrong with blogger thats y it took such a long time.. what sparkling things in the sand? yikes!!!

Tata said...

alya, if the frog can turn into a prince, im sure the anak kambing can too! muakakakakaka... i will chope one for u ok?

irris said...

Your photos are so pretty! Thanks for sharing, little tata :)

Tata said...

auntie irris, my pics are pretty or i am pretty? kikikikiki

`haNnah said...

ohh.the pictures of the beach is soo nice.wish i could go with mama and the rest on the holiday trip but sadly i can't follow.='(.sec school does not rock!

Tata said...

kak nana, u just sit in ur bathtub n pretend ur at the beach lah.. or u can take abg faris to sentosa and pretend ur in redang...

`haNnah said...

butbutbut,abang fariz oso going... how sadd...i can only stay up until 4 in the morning and order mcdonald's delivery for myself... not rocking.=(

Anonymous said...

You sure look like U had loads of fun, Tata. I'm sure it was an enriching experience altogether. The red bananas, the kois, the plantations, the kampung experience..... I guess you can't find those in Singapore. :)

Tata said...

Iman & Ihsan, the best part was running after the goats!!! they were so scared of me. muakakakakka

Tata said...

kak nana, y cant u go? baba and mama grounded u is it? padan muka! muahahahahahha

Anonymous said...

awwww..so sweet. got pictures for me..thanks for reminding..sob sob..but i terlambat datang sini lah..heheh u know what i have been busy with..other than work..hahahha planning a holiday for arshad..too bad he wont remember it :P

u guys had another great trip it seems..and an educational one too! heheh..but can see that tata didnt like the 'funky' smell of the sea..heheh ..and i am so amazed by those hungry koi fishes in the pond!

Anonymous said...

awww.. this post is specially dedicated to me? the frog under the coconut shell? so sweet of you tata. It's nice to hear you had so much fun (except for the not so nice rooms). And how come you don't really wanna have fun under the sun? I thought you were a beach girl. Maybe it was too hot, yah? The pics of the beach were awesome. Nway, the orchard trip sounds fabulous. The bananas looked a bit scary though!

Tata said...

nunu! you taught me something new! i never knew what a tempurung was.. didnt know it means coconut shell! muahaha... anyway ur right, the banana looks scary!!! and it was the sand that i hated, not so much the sun.. beach babe is u lah, not me.. hehehehe

`haNnah said...

there's no such thing as being grounded in my family.i have school on the holiday trip days.so i cant go.anyway,im saving money for a-maybe europe trip with my choir next year and a-maybe geography trip to hawaii in sec 3.besttt!!=p

Tata said...

kak nana, hawaii i want!

`haNnah said...

i also want!i would love hawaii! aloha hawaii!!!

Tata said...

kak nana, ask baba pay for us