At night, Ayah drove us to Kampong Glam as Emak wanted to check out the lights and the bazaar but we were truly disappointed.
The lights were really nothing to wow about but the bazaar was a greater disappointment.Today, Emak decided to teach me a thing or two about my ancestors and after Ayah came back from work, the whole family went to Chinatown. Believe it or not, Emak actually made me wear a red cheongsam!
The lights were impressive! "This year's street light-up is by far the largest and most extensive. This month-long street light-up will run from 23 September to 15 October and will feature brightly coloured lanterns and impressive decorations based on the legendary Mid-Autumn Festival story of Chang Er, or the Lady of the Moon, who floated to the moon after swallowing her husband's elixir of eternal life. " - extracted from www.singaporesights.com

There she is! The Lady of the Moon.
Ayah forgot my Crocs so I ended up wearing a cheongsam with track shoes but luckily we spotted a pair of ladylike slippers at a shop right next to the parking lot and Emak bought a pair for me.
It was my first time at Chinatown and I really enjoyed walking around. It was an interesting place indeed and of course I requested for a lantern. My parents ended up buying two lanterns for me as I broke the handle of the first one 10 mins after they bought it.
Emak bought me an umbrella too!
After walking around with my lantern for close to half an hour, I felt exhausted and took a break.
Our next stop was Tekka and my, the lights were awesome!
We unanimously voted the Deepavali lights the best!
After all that walking and "light watching", we got so tired we went to get some food at Banana Leaf.
12 comments:
ohoh i like the deepavali lights too!its beautiful..chang er is very beautiful, no?yays psle finishing very soon.wish me good lucks kays?
kak nana, chang er is beautiful but i'm gorgeous.. hehehe...all of us wish you a happy PSLE! hehehe.. i mean, all the best!
phewiittt .. you look so lady like in that bright red cheongsam!!
thanks, alya! actually i was very intrigued by the slit at first and kept stretching my legs out. hhehehe
Hi Tata!
Blog hopped here from Ajab's. U look exceptionally smashing in that red cheongsam of urs. Reminds me of the time I wore my cheongsam to celebrate Mid Autumn Festival at Mummy's school. :) Wonder what my grannies will say if I decide to wear the cheongsam on Hari Raya. Hmmm....
hello iman! welcome to my blog! hey why dont u design something new? a cross between a baju kurung and a cheongsam, maybe? hehe
so tata tell us more abt ur chinese ancestry. as for me, i'm a 4th generation chinese as my great grandma is a pure-bred chinese but muslim raised. U can say I'm totally diluted oredy hehehe
nunu, im a 3rd generation i guess.. errr, ok u help me do the maths.. my grandma is 100% chinese, which makes my mum 50% chinese and that makes me 25% chinese i guess???is that how it works???
I got one more math equation for you .. my maternal grandma is 100% chinese and paternal grandma is 50% chinese .. err so I'm how many % chinese ehh ..
alya, according to my trusted calculator, that makes you 75% chinese! hehehe
oooh like that i'm just *taptap calculator* 12.5% only lah!
ah! pandai nunu kira! ;-)
Post a Comment