Saturday, September 09, 2006

As there was no Seimpi this morning, we went on an excursion to Lim Chu Kang. First stop was the Hay Dairies where we watched the goats being milked.It was really interesting as the owner, Mr Hay, gave commentaries and some really informative stuff on goats. Apparently, the goats are de-horned with hot iron as a safety measure!
The next stop was the dragonfruit farm. I've seen dragonfruits many times but I had no idea how the tree looks like until today. The man who works at the farm was really friendly. The minute he saw us, he offered to take us around the farm and he told us so many interesting things about not just dragonfruits, but also ginseng and orchids. Emak bought three pots of plants, some orchids. soil and fertilizer for Nyai.


Our last stop was the frog farm which was really noisy and errr.. well, there is really nothing to say about the frog farm. By then, we were all hungry so we went for lunch at nsrcc. We spent a total of 3 hours at Lim Chu Kang and it was a really interesting trip as we learnt a lot of new things.

In the evening, we went to Yai Pin's house for kenduri and everyone was besotted with the beautiful cupcakes which Bik Rozana made. I wish I could make such nice cakes too. I wonder if Bik Rozana is willing to teach me. She can even make wedding cakes and all!
I wore a baju kurung to the kenduri and people said I look like one mak nenek!

No comments: