Sunday, September 24, 2006

I was very ill-behaved at Seimpi today. I blocked the other kids' views when I insisted on standing right in the middle of the class and I annoyed some parents when I tried to take away their kids' score cards. One of the parents even scolded me, can you beat that?! They now think I am an ill-bred kid as I always cannot keep still, while THEIR children will just sit down and keep still throughout the entire lesson. Some of them even gave Emak THE STARES! These people, who are of a particular kind, are so different from the parents at the other schools I go to. The other sets of parents are very understanding people and they always say that it's natural for kids to be running around and are very understanding when it comes to children who are very active. Ayah believes that it has something to do with the Asian and Western mindsets which I will choose not to elaborate as it might offend some people. But I'm sure people who know my parents know what they mean as this is something they openly discuss with their friends.

After class, Emak suggested going to Cafe Vienna for lunch because of the $7.80 offer per person. Ayah warned her that there would be a terribly long queue but Emak insisted that there won't be any because she said not many people knew about it. BUT boy, was she wrong! When Ayah drove past the hotel, the long queue was the first thing that caught our attention. It went all the way to Pacific Plaza!!!

In the end, we made a U-turn and went to the Straits Kitchen instead. After 30 minutes at Straits Kitchen, I threw a tantrum because I was so sleepy so in the end, my parents didn't get to enjoy their lunch.

For this week, we went on an excursion to the Central Fire Station. Ayah read everything on the information board to me and surprisingly, I kept still and listened to everything he read.
When Ayah was young, he wanted to be a fireman because he found this fire engine very awesome.
We tried to get in but the door was locked.
Apparently, this fire engine had only one seat- for the driver. The other firemen had to hold on to the sides of the fire engine!!!
Check out those cool helmets!
I was so tickled by the street telephone system.
The minute I picked up the phone, there was a woman's voice saying that there was a fire.This telephone system had a very big impact on people back then as reports of fires came in earlier, which improved the firemen's response to fire calls.
Now we know why!!!

And what's a trip to the Fire Station if you don't try out the fireman's outfit, eh?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez.. that parent who scolded you is not very nice eh.. Did your Emak stared back at them when they stared at her? One thing that my parent like about being in US is that the parents we meet are always willing to share and will often say Kids, other kids toys are always more attractive. But we do meet meet with one or two Asians from a certain country who always hoard their kids' toys, never even smile at all and never even say thank you when their kids play with my toys.
Btw do you get to take home the fireman uniform, Tata ?

Tata said...

you see, alya. thats what my ayah meant when he was talking about the asian and western differences. it is just so different.
i didnt get to take home the fireman uniform and i hated it anyway.. i kept asking ayah to take it off for me.. but i love your firewoman outfit!!!

Anonymous said...

"Come on baby fight my fire!"

Eh salah .... that should be "light my fire", right?

About the parent who scolded you - if I was scolded by a stranger in front of Daddy, I'm sure Daddy would strangle that person. Not nice for other parents to be scolding you. Not nice at all!

Anonymous said...

hahah..tata looked so cute in that uniform..

i prefer active kids to one that just keep still..i have to eat my words one day if my son is hyper..but kids are suppose to run around rite..hehe

~is

Tata said...

is, there are some kids who just sit down and listen attentively throughout the lesson, u know! maybe mak dorang zookeepers