Friday, March 23, 2007

I didn't go to school this whole week as I was sick. Actually, I still have not recovered. Still coughing and still having a runny nose. I miss school and to make matters worse, it's the spring break next week, which means that I will only be returning to school in Term 4!

Anyway, I feel very unhappy about missing the bears' picnic on Monday. Yeah, according to Mrs Prue's weekly email, we were supposed to have a bear picnic on Monday and I had to fall sick!

"Next week on Monday and Tuesday we will be having our own teddy bears' picnic. We will have some special treats for snack, on rugs out in the garden with teddy bears for company. Please remember to send in a teddy bear with your child/ren on Monday and Tuesday for the picnic. "

And I missed that!!!!

So what have I done in school so far? Well, these are a few things that I did, according to the email sent out by Mrs Prue.

"They made brown teddy bears on Monday 5th and Tuesday 6th. Each child cut out the body and then added a head and four legs. On Wednesday 7th and Thursday 8th, these little bears were finished off with felt ears and nose, a soft fur tummy and of course eyes and mouth. This activity provided opportunities for color recognition, counting, naming parts of the body and learning about textures.

The older toddlers (that's me!) also made brown leaf prints, which are displayed in their classroom. On Friday 9th, in keeping with the picnic theme, the toddlers got to make their own fairy bread for snack, buttering their own bread and sprinkling on hundreds and thousands. Some chose a bear's favorite spread - honey! "

I also "played in the mud. Well,it was really brown paint to make patterns in. Then each child took a print of their mud design by placing a sheet of paper over the paint and carefully lifting it off. In addition, they made bear footprints using a special paint stamp."

Last Friday, we made 2 cupcakes each and I was so proud of my cupcakes, which Nenek said were very yummy!

larry's place 010
My first cupcake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

uh oh get well soon Tata!

Tata said...

thanks, alya!