Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Day 0

The day we had been waiting for finally arrived. We left the house early as we had to meet the tour guide at 2:30pm although our flight was only at 4:55pm. My parents had booked a tour with Smailing Tours but for some reason, we were led by a Fahrur Razi representative. The reason why my parents decided to go with a tour group this time was because they didn't want to have to look around for halal food and language barrier was another reason. I was very excited about having my own luggage and refused to let anyone else touch it.

Click below to watch a short clip of me in action.



I was very well-behaved in the plane. I hardly cried and when I was bored, I either sucked my thumb or I just kept watching Hi-5! Although that was my 5th plane ride, it was a bit special as for the 1st time,I had my very own seat and didn't have to sit on Ayah's lap throughout the journey. One of the stewardesses gave me a pouch cum passport holder to play with but I didn't like it as I found it pretty ugly. Hehe. The next time I fly, I'm going to demand for a better looking toy. Haha! Hopefully Uncle Larry is the steward on duty the next time we fly then maybe I can get an extra portion of food too! Hehe!


We reached Beijing at about 10:30 pm and went straight to the hotel. By the time we reached the hotel, it was close to midnight. My parents thought I would fall asleep right away but they were wrong. I insisted on exploring the hotel room and had to be forced to sleep at about 1am. We stayed at the Rainbow Hotel and Ayah wasn't satisfied with the hotel. The hotel had an impressive lobby but everything else was just so-so. On the first night, we were given a room with two single beds and when we requested for one with a queen sized bed, we were told there was none available but we managed to get our tour agent to do the necessary the next morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tata looks like a well-seasoned traveller pulling her luggage! so cute!

Tata said...

is, budak ni aksyen aje lebih....on the way home she fell asleep n in the end, I had to pull that barbie doll luggage of hers!