Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Day 2 - The Great Wall of China

Once again, I didn't get enough sleep but I didn't care two hoots as we were going to the Great Wall of China! We went to several other places like the Jade Factory, Crystal Factory and Claisonne Factory before we finally went to the Great Wall.

At the jade Factory, I tried to eat a plastic apple! I thought it was the real thing, you see.


The Great Wall was built to protect the various dynasties from raids and it is really awesome! The Great Wall is the world's longest man-made structure, stretching over 6,352 km. Ayah was very excited when we reached there as the Great Wall is one of those places in his "must see at least once in a lifetime" list. I wanted to climb all the way up but my parents wouldn't let me as there were too many steps which were very steep. Only 3 people in our tour group managed to climb up to the 5th station, which was considered a huge feat. I think it would take days or even weeks if anyone wants to climb up the entire wall.






While waiting for the other tour group members, I spent some time learning how to drive a coach! Hehe!

No comments: