Uncle Man e-mailed Emak from Indonesia to tell her that she MUST take me to Victoria Peak. On Emak's previous trip to HK, she went to Victoria Peak but she did not take the tram so this time round, my parents decided to take me on the tram although they initially had no intention of going up Victoria Peak.
Before we went to Victoria Peak, we dropped by Uncle Man's office to leave him a present we got him before he left Singapore but he could not carry it with him the other time as his luggage was full. After that, we started the climb up the peak and I really pitied Ayah as he had to carry me all the way up the steep slope.I wanted to walk on my own but my parents felt that if they allowed me to do that, I would take my own sweet time and they did not have the patience to wait.
Victoria Peak was ok. No big deal. Still don't understand why Uncle Man said it's a "must see". On the way down the peak, Emak felt sick as the tram was moving backwards and the slope was really so steep. She said she felt as if someone was pulling a rope in her throat! I think I must have felt sick too because I suddenly sat quietly next to Ayah,sucking my thumb.

After we left Victoria Peak, we took an open top bus around the CBD before taking a Citybus to Stanley Market.
Nenek had been talking about Stanley Market so we thought there was no harm checking it out. On the way to Stanley Market, we also dropped by Repulse Bay, which is supposedly Hong Kong's nicest beach.
We headed back to the hotel after that and waited for the airport transfer which was 20 minutes late! At the airport, I clapped my hands and shouted "yay" when we reached the immigration counter. Emak was stopped by security officers, though, and they politely requested that she allowed them to deflate the Mickey Mouse balloon she was carrying and she was so disappointed about the whole thing.
On the whole, we love Hong Kong and would certainly want to visit it again.
2 comments:
You look cool sucking your thumb! Just like me! ;)
Repulse Bay sounds like a funny name for a beach. I hope there wasn't anything "repulsive" about it.
oh u know what! a nurse told my mum to get me to stop this thumb sucking habit. apparently, it might cause infections to the thumb or something.
yeah, repulse bay sounds weird. and they even spelt it wrongly on the bus stop sign. it was spelt as "repluse bay"!
Post a Comment