Sunday, July 09, 2006


After Seimpi today, my parents decided to take me to somewhere educational and off to the Asian Civilisations Museum we went! It was educational alright! I was not allowed to roam around because Ayah was afraid I would destroy the exhibits so throughout the entire 1.5 hrs we were there, Ayah carried me and read to me some very interesting facts which I listened to as if I was really interested. My parents were pleasantly surprised at my attentiveness and good behaviour.

These were some of the things that I learnt today:

1. "The origins and spread of Asian Rice
Southeast Asia is believed to be one of the earliest centre for rice cultivation in the world - with a history of at least 7000 years in mainland Southeast Asia. Rice was a relatively recent introduction to island Southeast Asia, with a history of less than 1000 years. Despite this, the effects of its introduction and spread were permanent and far-reaching. Rice has displaced every other grain to become the indigenous food staple of most of Southeast Asia today. "

2. Pumpkin and almond soup aids weight loss. ( Emak and Ayah please take note)

3. Ginseng porridge promotes physical strength and helps concentration.

4. Fried potatoes with vinegar lower high blood pressure.

5. There are many ways of saying "tea" and China is one of the largest tea-producing countries in the world, together with India, Sri Lanka and Kenya.

There was also a highly interesting special exhibition of how the nomads led their lives. Some of the tents on display were so huge and intricate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My parents have been wondering when they should start taking me to the museums. They're afraid I might not be able to keep still or quiet enough.

Maybe a trip to the zoo would be better at this point. Haha!

Tata said...

Ajab, going to the zoo is such a tiring thing!!! I was totally drenched at the end of the trip! hehe.