Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I went to visit Dr Toh today. Well, actually I was at the Children's Centre for my chicken pox jab. Of course I cried when she poked me but it was just a short cry which lasted less than 10 seconds. Dr Toh did a 21 mth assessment of me (although I will only turn 21 months next week) and my parents have been advised to take me to a speech therapist. They are concerned because early this year, I actually started speaking and could pronounce words clearly but as time passed by, I began to speak less and less instead of more and more. I prefer to point instead of speak and would only say something if I really really have to. I'm not sure what is wrong but I hope I'm going to be okay.
This is how I always occupy myself whenever I'm at the Children's Centre.

After the hospital visit, we went to Sentosa for a walk. The weather was hot, hot, hot but I had a fun time.
We dropped by Coffee Bean for a drink and I saw this cute cake! Oh, Emak and Ayah discovered today that I can drink from a straw!
We went across the suspension bridge which brought us to an islet and got a good view of the surroundings.


After walking for like an hour, I got really tired and just sat quietly, sucking my thumb while on the tram. I love sucking my thumb. I suck my thumb all the time, much to the chagrin of my parents.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A big hi-5 to a fellow thumb-sucker!! :D

Tata said...

Ajab, I suck my thumb so much that the nail on my thumb looks so chipped and ugly... you know what, i suspect we're the same age.. were you born in oct too?

Anonymous said...

Aha! Close, Tata! I was born in Sept. I was supposed to be born in Oct but I decided to get out early. Very impatient right? Haha!

Anonymous said...

Mummy has been trying to force me to drink from a sippy cup and a cup with a straw but I have resisted all attempts so far. I will cry and throw tantrums until she gives up. Hahaha...

Tata said...

Gerald, tell your mummy to offer you something nice to drink. The reason why I tried so hard to drink from a straw was because Ayah had the Coffee Bean banana and strawberry drink in his hands and I really wanted to try it.