Sunday, July 09, 2006

I've been voluntarily using the word "more" whenever I want more of something. Looks like Joanne's strategies are working. Today, at Tien Hsia, I even said the word "pao" (run) when the laoshi told me to. Ayah said I'd better say as many words as possible on my own because if he has to pay each time he wants me to say a word, he will end up having to pay $65k just to make me say 500 words! Hahaha! I'm going for a ear test this week. Joanne said I should go for a ear test just to make sure my hearing is okay. Apparently, the reason why some kids don't talk or don't like to talk is because there is something wrong with their hearing or there is too much wax in their ears and so what they hear is not too clear and that might affect their speech in a way.



  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess the money for the theraphy session was well spent huh but tell your parents not to worry too much okay you will talk alot at when you're ready until they wish you'd slow down a little bit ..

Tata said...

Alya, Ayah said during the first 2 years of a child's life, their parents would always be urging them to speak then they will spend the next 20 years trying to shut them up. I think my Nyai has been trying in vain to shut my Ayah up. hehehe

`haNnah said...

Does your ayah talk that much tata???

Tata said...

nana, havent u realised that paman can talk non-stop?