Friday, July 07, 2006
It was my first session with the speech therapist, Joanne, today. Joanne (http://www.speechtherapy.com.sg/contact.shtml ) is a very nice lady and she said I'm a lil miss with a temper! muahaha..She played with me and 15 minutes into therapy, I was "tricked" into saying the word "more". Towards the end of the one hour therapy, I started to imitate the words that she was using. According to Joanne, the reason why I don't like to speak is because I don't see any incentive in doing so as everyone gives in to me and they anticipate my needs, hence I do not see the need to speak. Joanne said that for this to work, everyone at home has to follow the rules she has set, otherwise, I will not be encouraged to speak. From now on, I will have to attend therapy with Joanne every week and Ayah has been ordered not to be present for further therapy sessions because he is a distraction. Haha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Interesting! I shall motivate myself to speak more after reading this. And your poor Ayah. Has to be shooed away from the sessions eh? Hehe!
that's interesting..no wonder I'm loud, talk and scream alot coz my parents just ignore me and go on surfing the net even when I want something. I think your parents are more attentive than mine ..
that's interesting.. is that why I'm loud, talk & scream alot too coz my parents just ignore me & continue surfing the net everytime I need something. You're a lucky gal you've got very attentive parents ..
ajab, Ayah has been "banned" from the session because I always keep running to him each time Joanne refused to give in to me, although Nenek and Emak were in the same room. According to Joanne, this is because I know that amongst the 3, Ayah is the one who will always give in and therefore, I have learnt to manipulate him. We kids are clever, aren't we? ;-)
Alya, now my parents have decided to be like yours too!!!
I see .... I thought daddies were the stricter ones, like mine. So garang! :(
ajab, u dont know the word garang until u meet my nenek! muahahahahahahha
Aunty & Uncle you'd better get ready the ear plugs!
alya,i think my parents are already going deaf due to my screams! hehe
Post a Comment