Saturday, July 15, 2006

After the usual classes today, we went to catch "The Selfish Giant".It is a play and the original story was written by Oscar Wilde and it's about a giant who refused to allow the little kids in the village to play in his garden and how his life became miserable because he had no companionship. Emak got me my own ticket which entitled me to my own seat but I insisted on sitting on Ayah's lap. I was not so well-behaved today as I was extremely hungry. It was 12pm and I had not had breakfast nor lunch so I made a big fuss after paying complete attention for 30 mins. In the end, we left the play 20 mins before it ended.



We went for lunch at Clarke Quay and I made sure my parents fed me well. There was Emak feeding me from my right and Ayah feeding me from my left.
And when they were too slow, I annoyed them by pouring water on the table and splashing it all over with my hands.



After lunch, we went to an ulu place called Portsdown Road for vehicle inspection. It was my first time there and I was really intrigued by the many kinds of machines there.

After the inspection, we went for a drive along Dempsey Road and we discovered many interesting shops there.



As we had time to kill, we went for a drink at this place called Highwood. I think it used to house the Youth Flying Club.


I had a muffin...
while Ayah had apple ice-cream which came in the shape of .... an apple!

After that, I went for my second session of therapy. Therapy today was hell! It started off fine but when Joanne refused to give me what I wanted, all hell broke loose. I cried and I cried and I kept running to the door. I tried to open it but it couldn't be opened as Joanne had locked us in. I knew Ayah was outside the room and I was frantically waiting for him to rescue me but nothing of that sort happened. I kept crying but Emak and Joanna just ignored me and they seemed to be engrossed in their own conversation. When I realised that I was being ignored,I went to Emak and pulled her blouse, hoping that she would get up and open the door for me but she just ignored me. I pulled her hand and nothing happened so I decided to try what I knew always worked. I threw myself on the floor and started rolling on it. While I was dramatising, I noticed from the corner of my eye that Emak and Joanne were still talking and did not bother to give in to me so I ran to the door and cried again. What was interesting was that all this while, I did everything Joanne wanted me to do, in between the crying and the tantrums. Even while I was crying, I said the word "more" when Joanne asked me to and completed the puzzle she got me to do. I would quickly finish the task, while still crying, then run to the door to try to open it.

After half an hour, Joanne told Emak to leave the room so that I would learn that if I don't behave, there would be worse consequences. Of course I cried even louder after Emak left. I kept trying to open the door but Joanne refused to let me out until I said the word "open". I refused to give in, of course, and just kept crying and trying to open the door. After a while, I realised that nobody was going to give in to me and that if I wanted to get out of the room, I had to do what she wanted me to do and so I gave up and said the word "open". When she let me out, I ran straight to Ayah and refused to look at Joanne.

Joanne said I'm really acting like a little missy and that my parents must put a stop to this behaviour or it will not do any of us any good. :-(

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness I don't have to go thru this theraphy session. You'd better start talking Tata otherwise your weekends won't be fun anymore if your parents have to bring you to more theraphy sessions.

Tata said...

Yes Alya. You should be glad you dont have to go through this. It is frustrating for me and very stressful for my parents. However, my Nenek thinks they are just wasting money sending me for these sessions but they are doing this under the advice of my paediatrician. I hope by the end of this month, I can read a novel out loud. Muahahahaha.

Anonymous said...

i m so jealous lah tata..your weeekends are so fun! your parents always bring you out and about to farms etc.

we have yet to have kids but now most weekends my husband and i chose to vegetate at home..lol

~ aunty is

Tata said...

aunty is, im sure once u have kids u would not have the opportunity to vegetate! nanti nak tido pun tak de time! hehehe.. padan muka kamu! kakakakka

Anonymous said...

From one toddler to the other .... I feel your pain, Tata! But I'm sure the grown-ups mean well. But all that crying .... I don't know if I can take it if my parents applied the same method.